Installation of 4.8 activeX

Nov 22, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Hello All,

I am having issues installing the activeX control. I continually get loadlibrary("MapWinGIS.ocx") Failed. The specified module could not be found. When registering the OCX. I am able to register the 4.7 ocx file with no issue using the exact same method. Am I missing something? Is there an installer available for this version of the activeX? Thank you in advance for any assistance and I greatly appreciate this tool.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Is your error based on the 4.8 version on this codeplex site download page? The main thing that causes this kind of error is when the requisite dependencies for the control aren't present. However if you can successfully register 4.7 then you should have the dependencies. I would recommend downloading and installing the full MapWindow application from here: http://tinyurl.com/mwMonthly. This will put the component on your system as well as its dependencies. You'll find them in the program files/mapwindow folder. Try using the version of the OCX that comes with that installer and let us know how it goes. - Dan

Nov 25, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Edited Nov 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I have the same problem.

I have Win7 64-bit, but I need to use 32-bit so I have succesfuly installed 4.7 version.

DependcyWalker shows that I has lacking some dlls: IEShims.dll, msvcr90.dll, and XERCES-C_3. First two I just found on my PC and used 32-bit versions to simple copy in MapWinGIS.ocx directory. The last one I already have, but with slightly other name. That I also copied to name shown in Depency Walker.

So finaly I got in DW:

Error: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly dependent module.
Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I would not like to install full MapWin aplication I need just OCX.

Are there any approach to get it registered?

Brgds & thanks in advance,

Janeks

Coordinator
Nov 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Janeks,

You can download the needed dlls from http://svn.mapwindow.org/svnroot/MapWindow4Dev/Bin/ 

Here's the list of the minimal dependencies: http://svn.mapwindow.org/svnroot/InstallationProjects/4.8/includes/MapWindow-Core.txt

I will try to create an OCX-only installer in the near future.

Nov 26, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Thanks for your answer, but it seems for me that there is no a problem with dlls specific to MapWin, but with those Windows libraries that now are messing together 32bit and 64bit versions. :(

I have not problem to find directly dependent dll, but further problems I am unable to solve.

So I'll look forward for installer.

BTW: I had problems with these dependencies before too for older versions and on 32bit versions only. I even had problems with installer versions. The bad in that case was that it was rather sporadic and after some install uninstall and reboots it somehow registers. So I think the knowledge of all needed dependencies (and versions) is critical to make good installer.

brgrds

Janeks

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Edited Dec 1, 2010 at 11:45 AM

XERCES-C cause serious problems !!!

XERCES-C_3 must be installed in {sys} folder and not in {pf}\common files\mapwindow

The different versions of  XERCES-C are very important :

- XERCES-C_3_0 (multiple versions exists but  the good one has 2.260.992 octets) , this version is used by mapwingis 4.7

-  XERCES-C_3 , this version is used by mapwingis 4.8

Nic

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 8:43 AM

@nicmar: Can you explain a bit more?

All installers for the last months (12+) put all binaries in {pf}\MapWindow\ and we've not heard of any problems with Xerces.

Which installer did you use?

Thanks,

Paul

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:50 AM

BTW: I can register MapWinGIS.ocx, by using XERCES from http://svn.mapwindow.org/svnroot/MapWindow4Dev/Bin/  as Nicmar explained.

The bad news was that my Access app then crashed on existing code, that works with v.4.7 - sorry I have not yet time to dig it deeper. Hopefully latter I'll give some more info.

I did not use installer for 4.8, I used installer for 4.7. of 32bit OCX only.

brgds

Janeks