update ocx

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:32 AM

hi all!

i need to update my ocx to last version. I've used it in a vc++ project (vs2008).

-where can i find the last ocx?

-how can i update the ocx simply, without having troubles in my vc++ project?

Thanks all folks!

Seum

Coordinator
Jan 31, 2011 at 6:39 AM
Hi Seum,

I hope you are able to use the latest OCX which is downloadable from this site. I'm not sure how to help eliminate the "troubles in my VC++ project" since I don't know what those troubles are! Please share. :)

- Dan

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 1:32 AM, seum <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

hi all!

i need to update my ocx to last version. I've used it in a vc++ project (vs2008).

-where can i find the last ocx?

-how can i update the ocx simply, without having troubles in my vc++ project?

Thanks all folks!

Seum

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mapwingis@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mapwingis@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
amesdani@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Ok, i try to explain it well.

I'm using mapwingis ocx component in vs2008 project; i add the component in the toolbox as described in the user manual.

Now, i want to update the ocx with a newer version: how can i do it?

Note that the previous ocx is installed on the machine (i've used the .msi in mapwindow site).

Is it clear now?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Just replace the old OCX with the new one. Should work fine. They only use a single GUID in the registry so it's not a problem to replace the old file with the new one and keep working as normal.

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:57 AM, seum <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ok, i try to explain it well.

I'm using mapwingis ocx component in vs2008 project; i add the component in the toolbox as described in the user manual.

Now, i want to update the ocx with a newer version: how can i do it?

Note that the previous ocx is installed on the machine (i've used the .msi in mapwindow site).

Is it clear now?

Thanks!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mapwingis@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mapwingis@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls
amesdani@isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:48 AM

I've tried to do it, but after that, in vs2008 project, the ocx is missing...and if i add it in the toolbox, i have compilation problems...

maybe i cannot upgrade the ocx in a project in which i've used the old one, is it true?

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Did you compile the ocx yourself or are you using the weekly build from http://svn.mapwindow.org/svnroot/MapWindow4Dev/Bin/

If you use the weekly build you also need the mapwingis.interop.dll and the axmapwingis.interop.dll and don't forget to register the ocx again using regMapWinGIS.cmd

Will that help?

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:40 AM

thanks!

i will try soon and i update the post!

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:53 PM

where can i find the other dll's?

i've tried to download source code and rebuild it, but it doesn't work...

any suggestion?

Developer
Feb 4, 2011 at 11:37 PM

The libraries are here:

http://svn.mapwindow.org/svnroot/SupportLibraries/

You should download the whole folder, it's quite large ;)