develop mapwingis-based application

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Hi,

i have developed my app with mapwingis OCX. Now, i want to use that app in a target machine that doesn't have MapWinGis installed in...is it possible?how can i do it?

Anyone has created, on Visual Studio, a setup project that installs the application and the Mapwingis activex on target machine?

Thanks all!

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:16 PM

This is my first ever reply on this group. I have similar issue. But Paul pointed out that you can use a standalone MapWinGis-Only Installer on the target machine to install the necessery files needed to run your application. I have downloaded the installer but have not tested it on the target yet. The Installer is at http://mapwingis.codeplex.com and on the right corner of the page. Did you also get your hand on measurement functions? I'm looking for that too

Good luck

Dave

Jun 10, 2011 at 6:14 PM
Edited Jun 10, 2011 at 6:22 PM

The OCX needs to be registered on the target machine.  A simple install script would do the trick.  To register it just execute the following command through a shell/batch script: "regsvr32 /s MapWinGIS.ocx" (/s is silent, and I suggest removing it test the the install, use /u to uninstall the ocx first).  The OCX's dependencies will need to be located in the same directory as the OCX as well.

-Sam