ShapeVisible Bug ?

Jun 14, 2011 at 9:32 AM

With 4.8.2 version, the ShapeVisible function, returns always False !

What can i Do ?

Thanks

Developer
Jun 14, 2011 at 3:59 PM

It's not a bug but expected behavior. There is no per-shape options in 4.8.2. So shapefile categories should be used. Something like this (pseudocode):

MapWinGIS.Shapefile sf; // a code for opening

MapWinGIS.ShapefileCategory cat = sf.Categories.Add("Hidden");

cat.DrawingOptions.Visible = false;

// to apply category to certain shape

sf.set_ShapeCategory(ShapeIndex, 0);    // 0 - index of the categories we added

Map.Redraw();

Hope this'll help,

Sergei

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Thanks for the response.

I will try this,

but where can i found this new Features documention/discussion  (about difference 4.8.2 vs  4.7) ?

Nic

Developer
Jun 17, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I'm afraid for the time being nowhere. I answered questions like yours, wrote some small samples, but no complete documentation exists.

Probably I'll have some spare time to write it after we release stable MapWindow 4.8.3.  

Mar 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

So is that to say anything with a

set_Shape* where * <> "Layer"  is a candidate for recoding? Also anything with "shape as Integer" in the parameters will also be broken?

AGP

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2012 at 1:19 PM

I don't understand your question.

We tried to break as little as possible of existing code but the new symbology introduced in v4.8 needed some massive changes.

In the mean time the documentation is up-and-running:
http://www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.8/

--
Paul

Mar 20, 2012 at 6:37 PM

You stated "There is no per-shape options in 4.8.2" so I guess what I'm asking is does that apply to ALL per-shape functions like anything with set_ShapeVisible, get_ShapeLineColor, set_ShapePointSize, get_ShapeLineWidth, etc. these all require a shape index so all these will be non-functioning? But functions that are layer based such as set_ShapeLayerDrawFill, set_ShapeLayerFillTransparency, get_ShapeLayerPointSize will still function as before?

In big projects I am trying to see what functions I can search for so that I can review and test those in detail. I know changes had to be made but its hard for me to try to track down all the possible places where there may be issues going from 4.7 to 4.8. Ill read the documentation but any tips would help.

AGP

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:51 AM
sleschinski wrote:

It's not a bug but expected behavior. There is no per-shape options in 4.8.2. So shapefile categories should be used. Something like this (pseudocode):

MapWinGIS.Shapefile sf; // a code for opening

MapWinGIS.ShapefileCategory cat = sf.Categories.Add("Hidden");

cat.DrawingOptions.Visible = false;

// to apply category to certain shape

sf.set_ShapeCategory(ShapeIndex, 0);    // 0 - index of the categories we added

Map.Redraw();

Hope this'll help,

Sergei

hi, as I make in vb.net, my ver is 4.8.6