set_ShapeSelected

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:23 PM
Hi, Im using the actual MapWinGIS v4.8 Final Release 64bit in Visual Basic 2010 Express. I have MapinGis working in a project, but when it comes to use set_ShapeSelected I can not compile the application anymore, becuase VB says, that this function is not a valid member of Shapefile. Could you pls help? I have really no idea, what could cause the problem.... Many thanks Markus
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM

For reasons unknown Microsoft decided to prepend get_ and set_ to methods in C#.

For VB.NET this is not necessary. For .NET v4 this has been fixed for C# as well.

So when you see get_MethodName you can use MethodName in VB.NET. In this case you would need ShapeSelected().

And I would recommend to use the latest 32-Bit version, it is more up-to-date than the 64-Bit version.

_
Paul

Marked as answer by pmeems on 1/21/2016 at 7:12 AM
Oct 17, 2012 at 9:05 PM
Hi Paul,

thanks for letting me know. I hope that you will continue this good work.
I like MapwinGis very much!

so far

Markus

Am 15.10.2012 um 08:52 schrieb "pmeems" <notifications@codeplex.com>:

For reasons unknown Microsoft decided to prepend get_ and set_ to methods in C#.

For VB.NET this is not necessary. For .NET v4 this has been fixed for C# as well.

So when you see get_MethodName you can use MethodName in VB.NET. In this case you would need ShapeSelected().

And I would recommend to use the latest 32-Bit version, it is more up-to-date than the 64-Bit version.

_
Paul