This project is read-only.

Does NewDrawing return a valid drawing handle??

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:01 PM

All of the samples I see are doing a NewDrawing at the top of the method, then drawing stuff.  That works fine. 

What doesn't seem to work is to do a NewDrawing and hold onto the returned handle, and then try and draw to it with say DrawLineEx.  It seems to draw nothing at all. 

Another related issue is that if you then add a second Drawing, draw to it using the non-ex stuff so that the drawing shows up, and then later do a ClearDrawing(hanlde) where hanlde is the handle of the 1st drawing, it clears the second Drawing as well???

Can someone point me at a working example of using more than one Drawing at a time and/or using DrawLineEx?

Thanks!

-John

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Hi John,

A drawing layer is always the topmost layer.

When you add a new drawing layer it will be topmost again. If you are using more than 1 drawing layer you should use the Ex methods to draw on a specific layer.

Currently it is not possible to change the order of drawing layers.

--
Paul

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Thanks Paul... got it working now.  My confusion was around the Screen referenced vs Spatial referenced drawing.  The parameter to DrawCircle is called pixelWidth, but it appears to only be a pixel if it if screen referenced... otherwise is is the width in spatial units.