USING PLUG-IN

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Hello sirs,

My MapWinGIS application uses UserControl as a form (c#) and I want to be able to read plugins. As a matter of fact, I am combining MFC and C#.

Can someone tell me how I can prepare my app to use plug-ins, especially ones prepared for MapWindow. A link or sample code will do.

I will appreciate. 

Many thanks.

Kehinde Isijola

Coordinator
Dec 14, 2012 at 5:07 PM
The MapWinGIS/MapWindow4 architecture does not support running MW plugins in your custom MapWinGIS application. This is because the plugin architecture is fully connected to the MapWindow 4 user interface components. Theoretically you could implement all of these components in your own custom application and then implement the iPlugin interface and support MapWindow 4 plugins, but rather than do all that work, it would be better to just use the MapWindow 4 application and customize it with your own plugins.

As a side note, it was this very problem that motivated the development of the MapWindow DotSpatial framework which has a "plugin manager" that you can use to support plugins in your custom app. But this is a significantly different code base than MapWindow 4.
----------------------------------
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D., P.E.
Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Kehindeoaisijola <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello sirs,

My MapWinGIS application uses UserControl as a form (c#) and I want to be able to read plugins. As a matter of fact, I am combining MFC and C#.

Can someone tell me how I can prepare my app to use plug-ins, especially ones prepared for MapWindow. A link or sample code will do.

I will appreciate.

Many thanks.

Kehinde Isijola

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mapwingis@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mapwingis@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Dec 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM

We're working on a new version of MapWindow (v4.9) which will be complete rewritten in C# and optimized for MapWinGIS v4.9 (the ocx).
This version will have a plug-in manager and will allow you to easily create a custom version of MapWindow.

We hope the release the first public version (which will be far from ready for production) in January 2013.

--
Paul