Custom Bitmap Icons

Jan 31, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Hi, I have a Mapwingis application that I have developed (in microsoft access) that utilizes custom bitmap images for display of a datapoints in a shapefile (based on defined shape categories). The pixel in the upper left corner is set to the transparent color for the bitmaps. All seems to work fine, except I get a pixels or two in the lower left corner of each image that should be transparent but are not. It seems to do it with all the categories / images. I have created a snapshot that I'll try to attach:

I zoomed in on one of the icons, and have a red arrow pointing to the mis-placed arrows. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Doug
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Edited Feb 8, 2013 at 6:46 AM
First, what a nice looking application!
It looks very impressive.

Do you have the artifact in all your custom bitmaps?
When you save the bitmap to a file and open it in any image editor (Paint) do you also see the artifacts?

Which version of the OCX are you using?

Are you creating a 'normal' MapWindow project? If so could you send it to me so I can open it in the latest version of MapWindow?

Paul
Feb 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2013 at 3:53 PM
pmeems wrote:
First, what a nice looking application!
It looks very impressive.

Do you have the artifact in all your custom bitmaps?
When you save the bitmap to a file and open it in any image editor (Paint) do you also see the artifacts?

Which version of the OCX are you using?

Are you creating a 'normal' MapWindow project? If so could you send it to me so I can open it in the latest version of MapWindow?

Paul
Thanks Paul, it's been fun to build and is working pretty well now, big thanks to all the ppl behind MapWinGIS! My project is a Ms-Access database, using the MapWinGIS ocx (version 4.8). It appears that all my bitmaps have the artifact within the application, no artifacts in an image editor. Image formats are bmp.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Is it possible you send me a few of the images with the artifact so we can try to reproduce.

Paul
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Edited Feb 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM
Sure thing, thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I've just opened your bitmaps in MapWindow by just dropping them in the map.
When I do nothing I see a gray background. When I go to the properties of the image layer and I set 'Use transparency' to true the gray background disappears and no pink pixels are shown.

Can you post a snippet if your code that is adding the bitmaps to the map?
I'll try to reproduce with the current version of MapWindow.

Which version of the ocx are you using?

Thanks,

Paul