Missing method in Shapefile interface : EditAddShape()

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM
The MapWinGIS API lists a method called Shapefile.EditAddShape(shape). However, the method does not appear in the actual COM interface of MapWinGIS. Any invocation of this method results in a COM error during build:

MapWinGIS.Shapefile' does not contain a definition for 'EditAddShape' and no extension method 'EditAddShape' accepting a first argument of type 'MapWinGIS.Shapefile' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Is there another method that needs to be used instead, in order to add a shape to a shapefile object?

Thanks!
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM
In MapWinGis 4.8.6 I have EditAddShape available
Maurits
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
You could use EditInsertShape
Jan 28, 2014 at 5:53 AM
Edited Jan 28, 2014 at 6:01 AM
What is the difference between EditAddShape and EditInsertShape (both are in 4..8.8) ? I noticed that parameters and return value are slightly different is that the only reason to have both ?

Thanks,
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add inserts the shape as next sequentially highest numbered shape; insert attempts to add shape at requested index. The documentation does a good job describing this, with excellent examples.

Don
Marked as answer by pmeems on 2/7/2015 at 5:38 AM
Jan 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM
thanks for your answer.
Feb 6, 2015 at 1:11 PM
excusme. i build project to plugin mapwindow. but i don't know how to add more layer(shp). i don't find example code. can u help me please
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2015 at 12:38 PM
Hi @eliza_wibisono could you please not hijack an old post if you have a new question?
Please start a new thread.
Examples can be found here: http://www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.9/examples.html

Paul