On-Map Zoom/Pan Controls?

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone using MapWinGIS ActiveX 4.8.8 found a way to add pan & zoom controls to the map canvas? We have a VS2010 C# winforms app that has limited real estate and we are wondering if there is a way to do this.

TIA
Jan 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM
How about just creating a separate form with the appropriate buttons and displaying it over top of the map (higher z order)?

Don
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Thanks for the reply.

We are using DevExpress controls in our forms. Specifically the LayoutControl which hosts our MapWinGIS map control. I have done a fair amount of research to see what might be possible within this environment and have not found any way forward. This includes just attempting to add a control which 'overlaps' with the MapWingis control. In every case we are not able to have the MapWingis control allow an overlapping control.

Your idea is a good one, but it wont work for us in our existing environment.

Thanks
Jan 9, 2014 at 2:49 PM
That sounds like a horrible limitation on the part of the DevExpress controls. My UI is a bunch of floating panels and forms for zoom, proximity sensitivity, drill-down info, etc. that are all movable and sit on top of my map. If I couldn’t go that route my screen real estate would suddenly be in really short supply. The bigger the map, the more they like it. I can sympathize with your predicament!

Don