No LegendControl for MapWinGIS 4.9.1, so no use

May 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM
I really felt excited about the new development of the MapWinGIS.ocx 4.9.1. However, I was disappointed that no relevant version of MapWinInterfaces.dll was provided. Legendcontrol is no longer used. The whole project is a messy. Whatever it has so many powerful functions, a simple action, legend control, cannot be done. What a joke!
Coordinator
May 9, 2014 at 4:20 PM
There is no reason to be argumentative. Have you contributed any code to MapWindow? Have you provided any funding? This is a volunteer open source effort. Appreciate it for what it is.
May 10, 2014 at 12:49 AM
I am sorry for what I have said and done. I really love to use customised and light-weight GIS like MapWinGIS. I even give up ArcGIS. Everday, I go to your web to see whether there are new updates. I did not pay but I spent many years on using and testing your codes. Hope you can feedback and get modification.
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2014 at 8:06 AM
In the next release (v4.9.3) we'll include a demo (kind of MapWindow Lite), this will have the legend control and also the new features of MapWinGIS v4.9.3 like a Shapefile editor and PostGIS support.

Before Christmas we hope to release it.

Thanks,

Paul
Marked as answer by pmeems on 12/5/2014 at 12:06 AM
Feb 4, 2015 at 8:59 PM
Hi Paul, please I need help! :)

I'm upgrading my old code from v4.7 to v4.9.3 with the same issues, where I could find the LegendControl?, I don't see the MapWinInterfaces.dll but I see the legend object in the MapWindowLite.exe, try load the dll's inside MapwindowLite folder without success.

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry by my bad english :(
Developer
Feb 4, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Legend controls and the dialogs to set symbology for shapefiles is here. Namespaces were changed though to keep it unified with the MWLite project. Hopefully it won't present too much of a problem, since the code itself is virtually the same.
Feb 9, 2015 at 2:26 PM
Thanks sleschinski!!!, I can load successfully the "MWLite.Symbology.dll" in the VS2013 Toolbox (right click -> Choose Items -> .NET Framework Components -> Browse and search MWLite.Symbology.dll), the dll load two objects in the Toolbox, Legend and Transparent Control.

For the load, I try with an project with framework 2, but for display the legend objects need Framework 4.

Thanks in advance for your help, I try to document the load process for future reference.