Show layers on MapWinGis from Google Earth

Jul 8, 2014 at 5:54 AM
Hello everyone!

Can be displayed in the MapWinGIS ActiveX Control layers from Google Earth on the fly???

We need to display background Google Earth layer, but, using the MapWinGis Control, using all tools and functions from MapWinGis Control. This, obviously, without using Google Earth plugin. Is this possible??

The Project it's development on C#.

We think we will have 2 activex MapWinGIS and Google Earth at once. So that if we show Google Earth background, we will upload the KML Files to Google Earth Plugin, and if we only show our SHP layers will use MapWinGIS control.

Is this correct or is there any way to show all in MapWinGIS?

We appreciate the help we can provide.

Olger.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 2:35 PM
With MapWinGIS 4.9 you can use Google Maps Tiles: http://www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.9/class_tiles.html#details
I'm not sure if you can also use the Google Earth data.

Let us know how your project works.

Thanks,

Paul
Oct 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Thanks for your kind reply PMEEMS !!

The link you provided has helped us a lot.

The only drawback we noticed is that if you are using the cache, the application slows down slightly or significantly.

Ok ... next questions, and thanks for supporting us.

Now we're using the ActiveX Plugin MapWinGIS 4.9, and it works fine, excellent work you have done with it.

We are working with Shapefiles (SHP), but now we have to add versatility to the application. The application should be able to export a KML or KMZ ShapeFile files. This, so that mobile users can view them on Google APP, Google Hearth.

My question is if there is some way from the native ActiveX 4.9 to export to these file types. You can? or recommend me to use.

We are programming in C # .net for Desktop, a Windows application.

The other question ... Have you any ActiveX control or framework, like for WEB 4.9 applications?

Thank you for your answers and support.

Best regards.!
Coordinator
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:21 AM
In the Utils class we have ogr2ogr (http://www.mapwindow.org/documentation/mapwingis4.9/class_utils.html#a269f6ab098480f14202a530d7e278407) which is the implementation of GDALs ogr2ogr and it can convert files into a lot of formats including KML and KMZ.

We don't have a web version of MapWinGIS. Of course you can use the ocx in your own aps.net application. But I would recommend using one of the specific web applications for that. Like OpenLayers and Geoserver.

With MapWinGIS v4.9.3 we have a PostGIS implementation, meaning you can connect to a PostGIS database and read and write data. Geoserver for example can also read from a PostGIS so together you can manage your data.

Paul