Deploy my Mapwingis application

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Hi,

I created a custom simple application using map window mapwin ocx and legends from mapwininterfaces. Application works fine as I wanted in my laptop but I am unable to find a wrapper to create installer to make it run on another machine. I searched but couldn't find a solution. I am sure it is common and simple problem. Can you someone help me out?

I really appreciate your help.
Aug 11, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Look for Inno Setup, I got it from Paul Meems they use it for MapWindow installers.
Gr.Maurits

2014-08-11 17:59 GMT+02:00 mr_sriramesh <[email removed]>:

Hi,

I created a custom simple application using map window mapwin ocx and legends from mapwininterfaces. Application works fine as I wanted in my laptop but I am unable to find a wrapper to create installer to make it run on another machine. I searched but couldn't find a solution. I am sure it is common and simple problem. Can you someone help me out?

I really appreciate your help.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Velsto,

sorry if I couldnt understand you fully. I got the inno but it is asking me to add the files for installer (i guess) by myself. Is there any script available that envelopes necessary components for mapwingis which I can use. Please let me know as I am new to inno. Thanks.
Aug 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Vesto,

I managed to get Paul's post and downloaded his "ISS" file. It seems like his iss is designed for complete mapwindows with sample projects and such. I am pruing them down bu I noticed that his iss file doesnt include "mapwininterface.dll" which is one main thing I am trying to register for my custom appln to work.

Is there any other simple way to do this deployment? I am surprised this is taking too much time.

Please help... anybody...
Aug 12, 2014 at 4:58 AM
I am afraid you will have to spent some time learning Inno to add your own files and the Mapwingis files and some more parameters.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 12 aug. 2014 om 04:17 heeft "mr_sriramesh" <[email removed]> het volgende geschreven:

Vesto,

I managed to get Paul's post and downloaded his "ISS" file. It seems like his iss is designed for complete mapwindows with sample projects and such. I am pruing them down bu I noticed that his iss file doesnt include "mapwininterface.dll" which is one main thing I am trying to register for my custom appln to work.

Is there any other simple way to do this deployment? I am surprised this is taking too much time.

Please help... anybody...
Aug 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Thanks Velsto. I think I figured it out messing with the iss.
Marked as answer by pmeems on 12/2/2014 at 7:18 AM