Problem deploying VB.NET Application

Jan 8, 2016 at 12:21 PM
I have a problem and no clue...
Maybe somebody has an idea...

I've developed an winforms application with MWG 4.9.3.6. The application runs without problems on my development system.
Now I've tried to deploy it to a workstation.
The problem is, that it doesn't load the ogr-layers from my mssql-server (2008/R2).
Everything else works. The database-connect is okay. I can request the number of records in the spatial table via sql without problems.
Trying to load an ogr-layer results in 'failed to load ogr datasource'.
Trying to get the problem solved, I installed qgis on the system and could load the ogr-layer without any problems.
What's wrong?
What did I miss?
Where too look for the problem?

Any ideas?

Cheers
Burkhart
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2016 at 1:23 PM
Hi Burkhart,

Did you deploy everything to the workstation?
The easiest work flow is to add the MapWinGIS installer into your installer. You can use command line parameters to silently install MapWinGIS on your workstation.
http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=setupcmdline

Instead of building your custom application using MapWinGIS you can also develop a plug-in for MapWindow5. MW5 also uses MapWinGIS and you'll get all the benefits of MW5 for free ;)

Regards,

Paul
Jan 21, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Dear Paul,

this problem rooted in the issue I've reported lately.
The MSSQL-connection on OGR-layers always assumes 'trusted_connection' even if otherwise stated in the connection string.
As only the OGR-database-layer weren't loading my first thought was that something was missing on the client system.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers
Burkhart
Coordinator
Jan 21, 2016 at 1:56 PM
This has been fixed in the code and will be available in the next release, due in two weeks.
Here are more recently fixed issues regarding MS-SQL:
https://mapwindow.atlassian.net/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%20MSSQL%20and%20resolution%20%3D%20Done

Regards,

Paul
Jan 21, 2016 at 2:03 PM
Great!
Thank you!

Cheers
Burkhart
Marked as answer by pmeems on 1/21/2016 at 7:11 AM