latest (61471) OCX registration issue

Jun 20, 2011 at 2:14 PM

Hi all,

downloaded the source code (61471), compiled OK, registered OK. Created C# solution, added ocx control to the solution OK, added control on a form OK, but during compilation got the error in Form Designer class line No. 53 (see below)

the error was "Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))"

Could somebody advise, Am I doing something wrong or this is  ocx issue? The same thing I did two weeks ago with older version and it did work fine

Thank you in advance!

44            //
45            // Form1
46            //
47            this.AutoScaleDimensions = new System.Drawing.SizeF(6F, 13F);
48            this.AutoScaleMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoScaleMode.Font;
49            this.ClientSize = new System.Drawing.Size(292, 273);
50            this.Controls.Add(this.axMap1);
51            this.Name = "Form1";
52            this.Text = "Form1";
53            ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.axMap1)).EndInit();
54            this.ResumeLayout(false);
56        }

Coordinator
Jun 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Did you also create new interop dlls?

Several changes have been made that require that.

--
Paul

Jun 21, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Yes, I did.   If add new component from file on a Visual Studio Toolbox panel and then add this component on a form in VS project then all interops will be generated automatically.

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Do you also have all the necessary dependencies in your bin folder?

You need at least IndexSearching, gdal, geos, proj4.

I've just created a new installer for the second Release candidate. It's available on the download page.
Can you try to install that version and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Paul

Jul 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Yes I have all dependencies in my bin folder.

I tried to do the same things on WindowsXP 32bit and it worked fine! perhaps it is feature of my windows XP 64 bit PC. I still have the same issue on 64bit PC.

Regards,
Igor.

Jul 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Edited Jul 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Development Environment: Visual Studio 2008 Pro
Prog Language: 

Problem: 

I'm experiencing the same as Igor: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

About 3 weeks ago, I was able to work on an existing .Net application with a map on the form and it would compile and ran fine.  I switched back to developing in C++/MFC for a similar project, and it was able to 

I've uninstalled and re-installed the latest (4.8.3) MapWinGIS.  The weird thing is that it appears to work under Visual Studio 2010 in a .Net (C#) Window Forms application.

Reference the line: ((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.axMap1)).EndInit();

I noticed that if I hovered over "this.axMap1" and clicked the "+", I saw all the sub classes have the error:

'this.axMap1.CanUseImageGrouping' threw an exception of type 'System.Window.Forms.AxHost.InvalidActiveXStateException'

and the same error occurs for each of the members from the "this.axMap1" object.

Could there be a problem with the Visual Studio 2008, but not influencing Visual 2010?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Update:

I found an article online about that HRESULT: 0x80040154 and it indicated that the error occurs because of the Project properties - the CPU should be set to a specific type (x86, for example), instead of "Any CPU".  Once I changed the setting, the program ran fine.

I'm still perplexed, as my home PC is running fine with the "Any CPU" setting still in place, but I was unable to get it to run with my work computer. 

Interestingly, though, I tried adding a different ActiveX component to a blank/new forms application, and it did the same thing.  I suspect that something got screwed up in my GAC, but it's only a speculation.

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2011 at 8:19 AM

Thanks for the update.

We compile all binaries for x86 or x64 specifically because of the C++ parts.
A possible explanation why your work computer is giving trouble might because that pc has a 64-bit CPU and/or a 64-Bit Windows version.

--
Paul

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I am getting this same error when using VS 2008 C# express. Being the express version it does not allow me to change CPU types. I'm working on a Windows 7 64-bit machine. Anyone have any solutions for this issue?