Error "Retrieving the COM class factory"

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:35 AM

Dear bro!

I've created a application with MapWinGIS 4.8. Everthing seemed ok until yesterday I met this error: when app try to open the form containing a map control, it can't pass the form's contructor; and if the release version is run, the error window appears like this

Free Image Hosting At UpAnh.VN

Unhandled exception has occoured in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {B4A353E3-D3DF-455C-8E4D-CFC937800820} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 {REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

What should  I do ?

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Could "Class not registered" mean that the OCX isn't registered?  Have you tried to unregister the ocx with regsvr32 and re-register it again with regsvr32?

Aug 9, 2011 at 6:54 AM
Edited Aug 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM

Thanks guy.

I've re-installed MapWinGIS and it's back to normal while debugging the apps. Furthermore, this error appears when I set my project to be built on 64bit platform or Any-CPU. My app seems to be only 32bit version.

Feb 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM
I am terribly sorry to necro this thread.

Please forgive me, but I'm not a software developer, just trying to resolve an issue with the GIS map view application which runs inside a tool we use.

I installed the file "MapWinGis-ONly v4.9.3.5 win32" on a server 2012 R2 installation from the desktop, and upon completion of the installer running I get something
very similar when just trying to launch the lite example tool ...

"Failed to start: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLID {80CDFEE0-576F-4141-906E-877638A2AEF3} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))."

I am not a programmer, nor very learned in even the terminology of this, but based on the above thread, it looks like it should be something simple since it was a one sentence resolution for the above programmers...

I'm trying to help the issue be resolve, but the software developer is very busy and has said he can't find the solution to this error so I am just the IT guy trying to help and move things along... If the above "unregister the ocx with regsvr32 and re-register it again with regsvr32" is a simple process could someone please give me a more layman's step procedure on trying it?

I just have this strong feeling it's something simple, but I don't have the experience in software.

I apologize if I've posted this incorrectly, but I'm completely in a world unfamiliar to me....I can take instruction well if needed.

thank you for any assistance,

Ike in Lawton, OK
Feb 9, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Hello Ike,

There should be a file in the same folder as the .ocx, "regMapWinGIS.cmd".

Right click this in explorer and choose "Run as Administrator" - wait for it to fully finish and for the command window that appears to disappear.

Things should work now.

Regards,

Rob H
Mar 19, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Thank you!

The software designer was able to finally get it all worked out without my meddling lol.

Thank you so much for helping and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!