Star Symbol for Point Makes No Sense

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

In MW4.8 I am trying to simulate a star for a point category. SO I open up the MW application and click on the star in the pre-defined symbology. This lets me know the parameters I need to use in code. If I use the parameters as displayed in the MW app I get a circle in my app:

cat.DrawingOptions.PointType = MapWinGIS.tkPointSymbolType.ptSymbolStandard  'standard symbol type
            cat.DrawingOptions.PointShape = MapWinGIS.tkPointShapeType.ptShapeStar       'star shape
            cat.DrawingOptions.PointSidesCount = 5                                       'number of sides
            cat.DrawingOptions.PointSidesRatio = 5                                     'side ratio
            cat.DrawingOptions.PointSize = 20                                             'point size
            cat.DrawingOptions.PointRotation = 18                                        'point rotation
            cat.DrawingOptions.FillVisible = True                                        'show the fill

That makes no sense to me so I tweaked the PointSidesRatio to 0.5 and that works. Am I missing something here or am I not reading this right?

AGP

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:48 PM

From my playing around, it looks like PointSideRatio needs to be 0.0 - 1.0.  Which makes sense I guess since it is a ratio. :-)

Feb 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM
I understand. My issue is that should be reflected in the MapWindow app as well.