Issue with Legend as Object currently in use

Aug 20, 2012 at 6:40 PM

I use a legend with my projects and occasionally in the IDE as well as a compiled project I sometimes get an error that an Object is currently in use elsewhere. The legend then becomes overlaid with a big red X. I am attaching a sample snapshot. I cant seem to figure out what causes this exception. I can provide a snapshot.

AGP

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Does doing a full recompile solve this issue?
I remember seeing this big red X years ago. Since then we didn't have any problem. I'm not sure if it was an issue that got fixed or it just went away by it self.

Do you get the big red X in the compiled version during debugging or with the released version (started outside Vis. Studio)?

--
Paul

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I have done full compiles and tested and on occasion i still get the X. I was able to add the snapshot of the exception but its in the old forum. What seemed to trigger it was adding a bunch of shapefile categories, then clearing, then adding some new ones. My users can select to show only certain features so I setup a category routine. to start it clears all categories. then depending on what field they want to filter by, I create new categories.

I get this in the IDE as well as in a compiled assembly. It doesnt happen as often as it used to but am puzzled as to why this happens.