Events for MapWinGIS in MS Access

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM
Hello,

I've added the map control to a form in MS Access. Adding shapes, layers, etc works all fine from VBA, but I'm struggling on events. Can anybody help?

I'm just wondering if the reason could be the setting of the References in VBA. All examples on this website are first importing AxMapWinGIS and MapWinGIS, but in VBA I only have set a reference to
MapWinGIS Components (MapWinGIS.ocx). But I cannot find something like AxMapWinGIS anywhere....

Thanks in advance for your reply!
Oct 6, 2015 at 2:06 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2015 at 2:09 PM
I’m using MapWin in Access, and it is a bit wonkey (that’s the technical term). Try this: open your code window for the form (that has the map control on it). In the code window, use the object selector dropdown to select your map control. Then using the events selector dropdown, you can access the various events that are available for the control.
Marked as answer by JJvM on 10/6/2015 at 7:17 AM
Oct 6, 2015 at 2:19 PM
Many thanks for your quick reply. It feels a bit strange, but it works indeed....!
Oct 6, 2015 at 3:01 PM
BTW, don't we need this AxMapWinGIS at all, or is it included in the MapWinGIS.ocx?
My project did not recognize ToolStripStatusLabel,that's why I'm wondering.
Oct 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM
I do need AxInter.MapwinGIS.dll and Interop.MapWinGIS.dll in csharp

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

Op 6 okt. 2015 om 17:01 heeft JJvM <[email removed]> het volgende geschreven:

BTW, don't we need this AxMapWinGIS at all, or is it included in the MapWinGIS.ocx?
My project did not recognize ToolStripStatusLabel,that's why I'm wondering.